EnchantedRoseProduct

EnchantedRoseProduct
Handmade jewelry, handpainted candles and much more....

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Featured Etsian #10 - Linda Talbott

Linda Talbott's Profile

About

My beading journey began after working for years as a visual artist. Then my daughter, Amy, started beading and I was hooked. I learned the basics from her, and never looked back (except, of course, at her continued beautiful work). My visual art had evolved over time into work that is highly symbolic, and grounded in archetypal and symbolic imagery. My beadwork led me to explore these same themes..

I grew up and lived most of my life in Maryland, but a short “sabbatical” in Ontario, Oregon, and a longer one in Silver City, New Mexico, had a definite influence on my work. My current jewelry includes themes that are primal/mythic, romantic/decorative, contemporary, and southwestern.

My jewelry has been sold in several emporiums in Maryland and shown in many galleries in New Mexico and Oregon. It also has been shown, alongside my visual art, in a variety of venues. After moving to Lowell, Massachusetts, I am currently focusing on the wider audience that the internet provides to share my jewelry. And yes, I am still active as a visual artist.

I love to combine seemingly disparate elements. For example, I love to pair semi-precious stones and glass; large chunky nuggets with tiny Swarovski crystals; coral and bone with sterling silver accents. It enchants me to combine these different elements, and I am always surprised at where my jewelry leads me. I never met a bead I didn’t like.

Beading is a journey, as is art. I never know when something will inspire me to go into unfamiliar territory, and I love branching out to use new forms of jewelry making. For example, I recently combined shiny faceted Czech glass beads, highly deco, with long pieces of tied rice paper for a look I’m not sure how to describe yet (except that it follows my love of mixed media art). And as a journey, working on each piece, whether it be a necklace or a pair of earrings, is a wonderful experience. It’s this experience of mystery and joy that I want my jewelry to convey to you.

I hope you enjoy visiting my shop and sharing parts of my journey. Maybe you will find something that can add uniquely to your own journey. 
 
 
 
  Snakes and Fishes, ACEO, original colored pencil drawing, water, river, ocean, sea, snakes, snake, fishes, fish, blue, orange Lepidolite and Blue Lace Agate, Dancing Flowers, Bracelet OOAKPink and Blue Czech Glass and Crystal OOAK Summer Dance Necklace
https://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedRoseProduct 

1 comment: