EnchantedRoseProduct

EnchantedRoseProduct
Handmade jewelry, handpainted candles and much more....

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bull Snake in yard (how I know not a rattler)



This is a bull snake - very much like a rattle snake  -check out this video to see the difference -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcQSA3bgvk
(2 minutes long)


However, I took this photo last summer walking the dog before I hurt my foot and can't walk out in that area anymore.  But this morning it didn't seem to matter - there was a 3 foot bull snake in my front yard on the front walkway - right where I garden - we have had such a drought that they are coming close to homes and we have gophers: food!


 BULL SNAKE

Three feet long with tongue

Hissing at me as I see

Too close for comfort. 

Copyright V. Rose 7/14/13


Honestly - I am going to be hesitant out in my yard and garden for awhile!  At least I always have at least 1 crutch with me.   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment